Groupe des Spécialistes et Passionnés des Baobabs de Madagascar
BAOBAB CONGRESS KEY DATES
- November 15th, 2019 : Deadline of abstract submission
- November 25th, 2019 : Notification sent to participants who have sent their abstracts
- December 05th, 2019 : Deadline for online registration of participants whose abstracts have been accepted
- December 07th, 2019 : online publication of the final program
This congress is a great opportunity to bring together researchers, students, research centers and NGOs and tourist and economic operators specialized in the marketing of baobab products. It will be organized along three main days: Scientific day, Day of exchanges and discussion panels and Socio-cultural day.
For the scientific day, students and researchers are invited to present oral and/or poster presentations on their research on baobabs. To do so, they will have to submit an abstract for each presentation.
A scientific committee composed by lecturers and experts will review and select the abstracts.
Oral and/or poster presentations are invited to refer to the following themes:
- Biology of baobabs
- Interactions of baobabs with its ecosystem and habitats threats
- Socio-cultural, touristic and economic values and uses of baobab products
- Conservation and economic potential of the baobab: challenges and strategies (case study)
Abstract submission guideline
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words and must be submitted online before November 15th, 2019. To do so, please click on the button below. No submission via email will be accepted.
- The abstract must be written either in French or in English
- The abstract must include the justification, objectives, methods, results and comments. The chosen theme must be well specified.
- If the oral communication is selected by the Scientific Committee, its presentation must not exceed twenty (20) minutes with the comments.
- Posters should have a maximum size of: 60cm x 90 cm
- The expenses relating to the objects on display (poster, clothing, materials, transport, etc.) are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
All participants with a selected abstract must register online to confirm their participation to the congress.
The Group of Malagasy Baobab Experts and Enthusiasts, "GSPBM" is a non-profit, scientific, technical and non-political association. It has been created to contribute to the protection, conservation and sustainable use of the world's baobab species and their ecosystems.
Lot 2F 3 Bis B Antsahameva Andraisoro, Antananarivo 101
+261 34 01 133 47
+261 34 84 301 00
Would you like to be involved in GSPBM projects? Click on the button below