Groupe des Spécialistes et Passionnés des Baobabs de Madagascar
|Time||Sunday 15th||Monday 16th||Tuesday 17th|
|Scientific day||Day of exchanges||Reforestation day|
|07:00 - 08:00||Registration||Reforestation activity|
|08:00 - 09:00||Opening ceremony||Plenary session|
|09:00 - 09:30||Plenary session|
|09:30 - 10:00||Group distribution|
|10:00 - 10:30||Coffee break|
|10:30 - 12:30||Oral presentations||Discussion panels|
|12:30 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:00||Plenary session||Discussion panels||Visite Morondava|
|15:00 - 17:30||Oral presentations|
|17:30 - 18:30||Poster sessions|
|18:30 - 19:30||Closing ceremony|
|19:30 - 20:30|
December 15th, 2019 : Scientific day
Several themes will be presented:
- Biology of baobabs
- Interactions of baobabs with its ecosystem and habitats threats
- Socio-cultural, touristic and economic values and uses of baobab products
- Conservation and economic potential of the baobab: challenges and strategies (case study)
Students, researchers and professionals will have the opportunity to present the results of their research and work related directly or indirectly to baobabs. An email notification was sent to all candidate applicants.
Our keynote speakers will present their research for 30 minutes. The lectures will be followed by 10 to 15 minutes of questions.
Each oral presentation should last a maximum of 10 minutes followed by 03 minutes of questions.
Posters must be in the following format: A0 with a width of 841 mm and a length of 1200 mm. Participants must print their posters and the materials will be delivered once on site.
December 16th, 2019: Workshop
One full day will be devoted to discussion panels on the theme: “Sustainable use of baobab products for local economic development” between groups of researchers and economic operators present at the congress. These discussion panels will allow exchanges between conservation stakeholders, professionals and operators working in the marketing of baobab products.
Two main sub-themes will be addressed:
- Elaboration of the document of Non-Detrimental Trade Authorization and notions on the setting of exploitation quota.
- Elaboration of conservation strategy of endemic species, in particular baobabs trees.
December 17th, 2019: Socio-cultural day
Socio-cultural activities are planned to ensure a friendly atmosphere among participants and to encourage exchanges and knowledge sharing.
- Reforestation and nursery work activities are an integral part of the activities during the congress.
- Exhibition stands: During the congress, private companies, institutions, various organizations will be invited to exhibit their products and services to the participants of the event.
The Group of Malagasy Baobab Experts and Enthusiasts, "GSPBM" is a non-profit, scientific, technical and non-political association. It has been created to contribute to the protection, conservation and sustainable use of the world's baobab species and their ecosystems.
Lot 2F 3 Bis B Antsahameva Andraisoro, Antananarivo 101
+261 34 01 133 47
+261 34 84 301 00
Would you like to be involved in GSPBM projects? Click on the button below